thresholds of life

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Threshold of Uncertainty

Have you ever felt you had everything already - that you're already extremely lucky - and yet you find yourself looking for a hazy something else?

At the age of 20, I am lucky. I have a very generous and loving Mom who allowed me to pursue my dreams by studying on scholarship here in France. Although I'm not particularly close to my family in such a way that I reveal my secrets and aspirations to them, I have a fantastic family who supports me in whatever venture I fancy. I have a multitude of friends in the Philippines who are always ready to lend an ear, a shoulder to cry on, a hand to do something, and feet to travel with. I have very nice friends from different races who never cease to amuse me and broaden my horizons with stories of their own culture and lifestyle. I have a special someone who is ready to put me in the center of his life.

Yet, for some unknown reason, I find myself still looking for something more. I crave for vague things which by just the feel of it, I know could break apart my "perfect" world. It feels so wrong, and yet in this bout of uncertainty, this feeling of confusion is all that I am certain of.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home