thresholds of life

Sunday, December 18, 2005

an ordinary day

i've always considered my birthday as one of the most important days in the year. no, scrap that. save for christmas, it is the most important day of the year for me. i know it's a bit self-centered, but together with a few other thousands of people throughout the whole world who were born on the same day, the day is reserved for us. you see, out of the billions of people in the world, birthdays are only for these few thousands.

ok, i'll stop it. i'm being too self-centered. hehe. it doesn't matter anyway. today was just an ordinary day. oh except the fact that i'm spending it for the first time outside the philippines, which by the way it went out today, made it ironically more ordinary. i miss spending my birthday in the philippines. there the festive christmas season is in the air, and i have my friends and family right beside me. but anyways, today was still okay. i'm glad a lot of friends and relatives still texted and called to greet me, even if i were miles away. and i'm glad tita juliette called because nico greeted me with his cute voice and she said she's going to make chocolate cake and apple pie for my birthday celebration and the despedida for the jtas which will be held in her house on wednesday. yep, a promise of chocolate cake and apple pie, that's my simplest birthday celebration yet, but it sure did make my day bright.

so there, this entry makes absolutely no sense. or maybe it does. but anyhow, i'm tired of studying the whole day (yeah, i had a special study day because i realized just how much work i have on my hands right now).

2 Comments:

  • i miss you pia!!! :D

    -pims

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:31 PM  

  • i miss you pia!!! :D

    -pims

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home